New City Church is a safe environment for children whether they attend New City Kids with their friends or stay with their parents in the Worship Gathering. The staff and volunteers of New City Kids, together with our Security Team, work diligently to ensure that every child is kept safe as they play, learn, and worship.
- Every person who works with kids and students at New City Church has passed an extensive background check.
- Every person who works with kids and students at New City Church undergoes MinistrySafe training.
- All people enter New City Kids via one entryway from the lobby. No-one enters through an exterior door.
- Teachers have a roster each week to ensure that no child goes missing.
- Our Security Team patrols the hallways of the building during each Worship Gathering.
- Children are checked-in and checked-out of classrooms.
- A supervisor is always on hand to respond to any needs that arise. A walkie-talkie is used in every classroom.
- The New City Kids restrooms are for kids and background-checked volunteers only.
- New City Kids is a secure area. Only the following people are permitted to enter:
- The director, volunteers, and childcare providers
- Children checked-into a classroom
- Parents accompanying children to childcare or a classroom